Project Start-up, including:
• Set up Schedule of Values in coordination with Project Manager (PM). Obtain owner’s billing requirements and ensure compliance with those requirements.
• Set up project budget from cost estimate in coordination with PM, including data entry in Project Management and Accounting software systems
• Set up committed cost from contracts and purchase orders, including data entry in Project Management and Accounting software systems
• Prepare and submit escrow agreement for retention on public projects, when applicable
Monthly Job Maintenance, including:
• Maintain the project budget in coordination with the PM, including making necessary corrections to invoice and timesheet coding, and adding new codes
• Prepare billing package for PM, including owner change orders
• Produce progress billing for owner, with all required attachments
• Produce time and material billings as needed. Maintain a current knowledge of applicable markups and billing rates for each project and ensure that these rates are maintained correctly in the accounting system
• Monitor Accounts Receivable on projects in coordination with PM; send reminders and make collection calls as necessary
• Enter monthly subcontract invoices into Accounting software; pay subcontract invoices when payment is received from project owner; prepare joint checks as necessary
• Track, in coordination with the Project Assistant and PM, supporting documents required for subcontractor payment (lien releases, insurance certificates, executed subcontract agreements); withhold payments until subcontractors are in compliance
• Reconcile Potential Change Order (PCO), Subcontract Change Order (SCCO) and Prime Contract Change Order (PCCO) information in Project Management system and input information into Accounting system
• Prepare monthly job cost analysis report and supporting information for PM
• Using job cost analysis report marked up by PM with revised project cost to complete, prepare monthly financial forecast report. Review with PM for explanation and comment
• Submit reviewed monthly financial forecast to CFO and Project Executive.
• Provide appropriate reports to office and field personnel periodically • Report to Project Accountant Supervisor
• Works closed with Assistant Controller, other Project Accountants and Certified Payroll Specialist
• Work with other accounting staff as needed
• Work with PM’s, Project Engineers and Project Assistants for the projects to which they are assigned
• Communicate with project owners and subcontractors
Education and experience:
• Education – Bachelor’s degree in Business/Accounting preferred; or equivalent work experience
• Experience – Five years increasingly responsible recent experience in accounting positions in the construction industry; two years’ experience as project accountant for a general contractor.
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, and Outlook); construction accounting and project management software (View point) Working knowledge of Crystal Reports a plus.
• Must have general construction knowledge as it relates to accounting (AIA documents, lien laws, percent complete billing, preliminary notice and lien waiver requirements)
• Must have good organizational skills, ability to prioritize, manage time effectively while handling multiple projects
Human relations skills:
• Must work well with others
• Clear, effective communication skills
• Ability to give and take direction
• Ability to work well independently
Problem Solving Skills:
• Ability to take a task with minimal direction and complete it
• Ability to work with others to resolve accounting issues
• Ability to foresee and meet challenges effectively
• Ability to ask questions when something is unclear
• Understands and identifies priorities and effectively coordinates.
• Excellent follow through on assignments and conveys status without having to be asked.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Demonstrates consistently helpful and collaborative behavior